:( (:


Is it OK to be excited and sad at the same time?

 
It’s a very weird feeling today finishing out my job as a family at Peel Children’s Centre and moving on to be the lead Pastor in Milton. Last year in June it seemed like God had spoken and all the stars aligned to make a move to PCC.  It was hard leaving the role of Youth Pastor at Portico that I had been in for 7 years, but there was this overwhelming feeling that it was time to move, and this was a great fit for me.  Turns out it really was. Over the past year I have grown both as a counsellor and a person. I have learned new things and made new friends become a more well-rounded person – things I would have never done if I had not taken the leap.

 
That’s why on my last day it’s hard. It’s hard because I love my colleagues, I am in the middle of therapy with some families, and there would have been a great future ahead here.
Sad

 
Yet at the same time I move to role that feels perfectly designed for me. Leading a new church of young families. Speaking/teaching, connecting in the community, helping people find their way back to God... all the while still getting keep counselling for the district and a few private clients.
I get to lead with a group of people who have become like family to me over the past 8 years, and we all get to serve under the man I respect more than anyone else.
That’s why on my last day here I am excited. Excited to see how God will grow our church, change our lives, and lead us to places that I never would have dreamed possible.

 

Excited and sad.
I suppose it’s possible, and probably natural.
Beats the heck out of feeling like I need to escape this place and am unsure of where I am going.

 

To all my PCC (Peel Children Centre) colleagues I wish you the best. You have impacted my life more than you could imagine and I hope that the person that fills my role far exceeds anything I could do.

To all my PCC (Portico Community Church) Milton people – I can’t wait to serve and lead our Milton campus. It’s going to be an amazing ride.

Comments