Perspective

What is the greatest challenge you faced today?

Was it the hr of time you wasted on the Gardner?

Maybe your flat screen is acting up and it’s making you miss part of the play-offs.

Some of us were even faced with choices about jobs, family, and immediate future that caused us to lose sleep and focus because of the gravity that a wrong move might make.

These are the realities of life in the 21st century in the GTA.

We are over worked, over tired, in tight financial straights and our culture feels like it is balancing on a axis where the slightest move could cause things to topple over on us.

Perspective is an amazing thing though.

Even as tough as life seems to get at times, today I was not in danger of dying from lack of clean water.

My choice was what kind of meal to eat, not which meal I was going to eat.

I was frustrated with the kind of work I did, but millions of others worried about the fact that they had no opportunity to make a living.

Tonight I will lay my head down on a pillow in a comfy bed surrounded by my family.

The hr I lost in traffic, the sports I missed on TV, and even the big decisions I will still face when I wake up tomorrow all seem so much smaller when compared with the challenges others are facing tonight as they end their day.

Perspective is a powerful thing.

It’s a good reminder of just how blessed I am.

Comments