Searching for God on Netflix

Somewhere along the line we got our perspective all messed up.
We decided that "Me" was the most important person.
If "I" don't like something, "you" need to change.
Netflix - don't buy a cable package, pick just the shows you want on demand.
iTunes - I cant handle the Radio choosing a selection of songs I might like, so I make my own playlist.
Our jobs, relationships and lives usually revolve around making sure "Me" feels comfortable.

It's no wonder this culture doesn't get God.
We say that there must be no God because "I" experience pain. How could a God that loves "Me", allow suffering?
We say that church is irrelevant because "I" don't connect there. If it were such an important thing than certainly "I" of all people would like it.

We've got it backwards.
We were created for Him.
Yes - to be loved by Him. But it's about "Him" not about "me"
If you struggle to get God, it might be because you're starting in the wrong place.
Start with Him. Who He is. How He works.
Because really, do we want to believe in a God that is subservient to human beings?
We've got it backwards.

My life only makes sense because I got God first.
My faith works differently than my TV and music does.
And maybe that's not such a bad thing.

Comments