Hating on Cupid

It’s always unnerving to me how many people I run into that tell me all about how they refuse to celebrate Valentines Day and be manipulated by Hallmark to spending money and making a big deal every February 14th. While I completely understand making a big deal once a year and then neglecting to acknowledge your partner for 355 other days is also a bit crazy, why is it so bad to stop our regular routines in the middle of winter to celebrate love.

It doesn’t have to be about money – do something for your partner that makes them feel special
It doesn’t have to be about romance – take this as an opportunity to remind everyone in your life whois important to you that you love them.
It doesn’t even have to be on the 14th – We both had to for on Thursday the 14th, but we set aside Sunday the 17th to celebrate.

Richard Gere and Matthew McConaughey I am not – but all I know is that every year I use this as an excuse to forget about snow storms, work schedules and bills that need to be paid to let my wife, daughter, and family know that they are the most important people in the world to me. Sometimes it takes the form or dyed pink pancakes. Other days it looks like balloon-filled rooms and dinner at a restaurant that I know they like.

Don’t hate Cupid. He’s just a dude in a diaper trying to remind us that love makes the world go round.

Comments