Own It

Tom Brady is my NFL hero. He is smart, well spoken, fashionable, an amazing talent and he is even a family man (he has families all over the country). I have his jersey, a Pats toque, mittens, mugs, and Christmas tree ornaments.

10 years ago you would often hear me say that if Vince Carter were a woman I would marry him… and even though he wasn’t it crossed my mind from time to time. When he won the dunk competition I bought his jersey, and changed my nickname to Vince-anity. I started to follow basketball more than hockey and would named a hamster after the man.

When I love a sports star I am in 100%. I totally own it and the world knows.


Many people are the same for music. There are still millions 60 year old U2 maniacs and on the flipside there millions of Beliebers up in arms over Justin’s new tattoo. http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2012/01/05/justin-bieber-tattoo-jesus-pic/

For others it’s a TV show - people created crazy weird websites over what would happen next in “Lost” or their lives y rise and fall over what Snooki just said.


I was reading today about the church of Sardis in Revelation that was accommodated for having a reputation of being alive - the world knew they were Christ followers. I bet they wore the t-shirts with scripture verses on it, talked about Jesus with anyone and everyone and belted out Gungor tunes http://gungormusic.com/ whether they were butchering them or not. I kept reading to see that God saw they although they once had that reputation, they were now in fact “dead”. They had lost the passion and exuberance that once gained them this reputation.

Good reminder for me today.


Does my passion for Tom Terrific come across as loudly as my devotion to Jesus? If not something is amiss and it’s time to restructure.


Good read today

Revelation 3: 1-6

Comments