Priorities



It’s no secret that I’m addicted to sports.
I have a fantasy baseball trophy on the mantle in our living room.
I currently own 3 bikes, 5 pair of running shoes, 12 basketballs, 3 base-ball bats, 2 full sets of hockey equipment and some roller blades.
I even went to Houston in August to watch baseball.

I also do family life full on.
Friday nights are family bike rides or trips to trampoline world.
I do braids and pony tails 5 days a week.
I’ve been with the same girl through high school, university (twice) first home, first car, first child and one 10 year anniversary.

But above all I believe in a God who loves me more than I could possibly love sports, or people or anything I could ever put my mind and heart to. I also believe that he wants everyone person on earth to know how much he loves them. There is nothing else more important to me than living a life that reflects this to people around me.
Even the people that don’t feel loved because life has taught them otherwise.
Even the people who grew up with a different understanding of who God is. He loves them too.
Even people who have no time or interest for God or faith or church. 
He loves them the same way he loves me, and so my life needs to love that same way.

It’s a love I want my family to know.
It’s a love I want to demonstrate to my athlete friends.
It’s a love that should have priority in everything we do

Some people say family comes first.
Some people devote themselves to an earthly passion so much that it takes up the space and time that was designed to be filled with a focus on God.

Like you hobbies
Love your family.
Sell out for what you truly believe in.
True fulfillment in life is only found in this order.

Comments