Gender Roles

My wife mows the lawn.
Every week.
She gets kinda territorial when I try to do it. Heaven forbid if I screw with her hedge trimmers.

She takes the lead on most home renno projects as well.

While she’s re-doing the cupboard or bathroom I make sure the groceries are done and her meals are made. On top of that, each week I do the laundry and vacuuming.

Gender roles seem a bit ridiculous. I love how some men and women feel that there are certain things that they are just physically unable to even comprehend because of their gender.
I know men who are meticulously careful about how clean their car is, combing over every last inch, but they feel strongly that those skills don’t translate to cleaning the house.
They can rewire the house, following long wire runs through multiple floors, but they feel that their man parts eliminates them from ever comprehending how a French braid is put together.

I love that my wife and I are true partners.
We share responsibility not based on what 1960’s TV modelled for North American society, we support each other’s weaknesses with our strengths. We do whatever job needs to be done when we are available to do it. Either of us can cook, clean, get the child ready… do whatever needs to be done so that our family is best served. She even earns a higher salary than I do. That doesn't make me less manly. It's makes me happy because I have a sugar mama.
:P

It’s awesome to be able to do life with a true partner.

Just don’t ask her to help when a  there’s a spider nearby… that’s my job

Comments