I Only Hate "Hate"

-->
I used to hate the Montreal Canadians and the New York Yankees.
I hated cauliflower and roast beef.
I hated school days with no gym class and summer days that rained.
It was the 80’s. Life was simple and easy. I didn’t really know what that word “hate” meant.
We said it about friends that were mean that day and foods we didn’t like.

Today I ready about Muslim’s in Iraq beheading children and abusing women.

I read about a Canadian couple that is in jail in China for stealing state secrets… while just trying to demonstrate love to people and run a café

I read about the continued warring in Gaza.

I think now I just hate “hate”.
The hate on for Christianity is well chronicled and the fight has been taken up by many people groups over the years who have felt that Christians hated them.

· I may not agree with Muslim faith in theology, but I love Muslims. I pray that you find peace with God.
· I may not condone homosexual marriage, but that doesn’t mean I hate people that are attracted to people of the same sex. I pray that you experience love on earth, and God’s love as well.
· I don't hate anyone in fact. My faith in God actually compells me to love everyone all the more... regardless of how you feel about me.
I just can’t stomach to hate anything anymore but hate itself.

I don’t think I deserve war, jail or death because I believe Jesus was God’s son and came to express love to everyone on earth.
I don’t even really know why people hate people who believe that.

I just love Jesus and people.
I even kinda have room to love the Habs and Cauliflower these days.
Hate just sucks.


Comments