One Year Ago Today



A year ago today my life was invaded with princess tents, sippy cups and tiny socks and shoes. I was much less interested in “Kids Eat Free” Wednesdays at Extreme Pita and there wasn’t quite as much jam in the crack in the kitchen table. Weekends were about catching up on a few PVR’d games and a date night out for Thai food. Now it’s a Saturday morning Daddy/Daughter date to play place and catching up on an unfinished game of Candy Land. If the dog was fed and walked, Amanda and I had a few nights out and the Leafs had won then things were good. Yesterday I had to invest a few hours modeling how to calm down after an overexciting day and pray that my little girl was not too stressed as we talked about how we’ve been a family for an entire year now. Funny thing is that most days I can’t remember what our days were like for the first 9 years we were married. My hands are busy assembling and dissembling play tents. My feet are busy running around the house cleaning up or chasing after her on a bike ride. My head is full tying to teach her about how to live right and live for God. My heart is overwhelmed making sure she knows she is loved beyond belief.

One year ago today we ruined a pretty sweet D-I-N-K life.

Still… afterr one year as a Dad I know I would not trade this life for any other.

Comments

  1. Your hands and feet and head are doing a great job...your heart surpasses all of them. Keep on being amazing parents; it lasts forever.
    mom and dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment